Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas or XMAS - You Decide

by Bob Barney

The following links are articles to inform the reader the true origins of Christmas. You will see that every aspect of Christmas has pagan origins and that there isn't a hint of it mentioned in the Bible. In fact, in Jeremiah there is a reference denouncing anyone that would deck a tree with silver and gold. Unlike other sites, I try to bring our readers the PLAIN TRUTH and let them decide for themselves what they want to do. I also give two viewpoints as well. One, by Garner Ted Armstrong as to why it is wrong to celebrate Christmas, and another by Skylar H. Burris who feels it is OK to have Christmas, pagan symbols and all because God allows it.

The question I think the reader must face and answer is this. Should I follow it or not. If you don't believe in God, then the answer is simple. You can follow it as a secular holiday, as most Americans really do! If there is a God, however, we must determine for ourselves what God wants us to do, and obey as best we can. If you celebrate Christmas or not absolutely doesn't mean you are or are not saved by the blood of Jesus. That goes to your heart and your personal relationship to your Savior. As for me and my family, I do not follow Christmas at all. It doesn't bother me that others do, or hurt my feelings when friends or stranger wish me a Merry Christmas. In my mind I hear God's word to Moses "Learn not the way of the heathen (pagan) or worship their customs in remembrance of me" (my translation of Deu 18:9 AND Jer 10:2). I personally think it hurts God's feelings to worship him on what is probably really Lucifer's birthday, but that is my belief, it need not be yours! I just want you to make an informed decision.